Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) Overview
The Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). A PPO plan offers:
- freedom of choice among in-network providers
- lower out-of-pocket costs (copay only for most in-network office visits)
- a strong emphasis on preventive health
- preventive services and medications covered at 100% on this plan
- ability to lower your copay by selecting and visiting the Primary Care Provider (PCP) listed on your ID card or another provider in the same practice (you can find instructions on updating your PCP here)
Additionally, members in this plan have the ability to lower the employee-only monthly premium by completing a tobacco attestation.
The State Health Plan’s Clear Pricing Project (CPP) helps members control health care costs and protects the Plan’s financial future. Learn how you can save money in 2024 by visiting a CPP provider!
Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) Important Documents
- 2024 80/20 PPO Benefits Booklet
- 2024 Plan Comparison Chart
- 2024 Uniform Summary of Coverage
- 2024 Preventive Services Summary
- 2024 Comprehensive Formulary Drug List
- 2024 Preferred Drug List
- 2024 Preventive Medications List
For more information regarding these benefits and what is covered, please call Customer Service at 888-234-2416.
Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) & Base PPO Plan (70/30) Rate Sheets
- Non-Medicare Subscribers
- 50% Contributory Non-Medicare Primary Subscribers
- 100% Contributory Non-Medicare Primary Subscribers
Members indicated as 50% or 100% contributory notes the percentage of the premium for which they are responsible.
Formulary Exclusion Exception Process
A formulary exclusion exception process is available for Plan members who, per their provider, have a medical necessity to remain on an excluded, or non-covered, medication. If a member is approved for the excluded drug, that drug will be placed into Tier 3 or Tier 6.
Although your Benefits Booklet provides a good overview of what services and products are available to you under the PPO plans, the medical policies provide detailed information around the circumstances under which certain services and products are and are not covered. Medical policies can be found here on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield website.* If any of the State Health Plan medical policies conflict with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina medical policies, the State Health Plan medical policies will prevail.
Certain services require prior review and certification before they can be covered by your health insurance plan. Click here for more information.
If you disagree with the way a claim has been handled, you can request an appeal or grievance review. For the complete appeals process, please click here.
Visit the eBenefits page to access Blue Connect. From there, you will log into eBenefits, the Plan's enrollment system, through the appropriate portal. Once you're logged into eEnroll, you will see a Blue Connect Quick Link on the left side of your screen. Blue Connect is your online resource that can help you manage costs, make more informed health decisions and reach personal health goals anytime.