Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) for Employees
Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) Overview
The Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). A PPO plan offers:
- freedom of choice among in-network providers
- lower out-of-pocket costs (copay only for most in-network office visits)
- a strong emphasis on preventive health
- preventive services and medications covered at 100% on this plan
- ability to lower your copay by selecting and visiting the Primary Care Provider (PCP) listed on your ID card or another provider in the same practice (you can find instructions on updating your PCP here)
Additionally, members in this plan have the ability to lower the employee-only monthly premium by completing a tobacco attestation.
The State Health Plan’s Clear Pricing Project (CPP) helps members control health care costs and protects the Plan’s financial future. Learn how you can save money in 2023 by visiting a CPP provider!
Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) Important Documents
- 2023 80/20 PPO Benefits Booklet
- 2023 Plan Comparison Chart
- 2023 Preventive Services Summary
- 2023 Preventive Medications List
- 2023 Uniform Summary of Coverage
- 2023 Comprehensive Formulary Drug List
- 2023 Preferred Drug List
For more information regarding these benefits and what is covered, please call Customer Service at 888-234-2416.
2023 Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) & Base PPO Plan (70/30) Rate Sheets
- Active Subscribers
- Active Subscribers Who Are Medicare Primary Due to Upcoming Retirement
- 12-Month RIF Subscribers
- Active Subscribers Who Are Medicare Primary Due to ESRD
- Active Subscribers Whose Dependent is Medicare Primary Due to ESRD
- Active Subscribers Who Are Medicare Primary Due to ESRD and Have an ESRD Medicare Primary Dependent
- 100% Contributory Leave of Absence Subscribers
Although your Benefits Booklet provides a good overview of what services and products are available to you under the PPO plans, the medical policies provide detailed information around the circumstances under which certain services and products are and are not covered. Medical policies can be found here on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield website .
If any of the State Health Plan medical policies conflict with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina medical policies, the State Health Plan medical policies will prevail.
Certain services require prior review and certification before they can be covered by your health insurance plan. Click here for more information.
If you disagree with the way a claim has been handled, you can request an appeal or grievance review. For the complete appeals process, please click here.
State Health Plan Policies
State Health Plan Policies and Procedures