If it’s September, that means Open Enrollment is around the corner. Here are some highlights on what you can expect for the State Health Plan’s 2023 Open Enrollment, which will be held October 10-28, 2022.
ALL active and non-Medicare members, including dependents, will be moved to the Base PPO Plan (70/30) effective January 1, 2023. You will see this change when you log in to eBenefits during Open Enrollment.
You MUST take action beginning October 10 if you want to enroll in the Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) and reduce your premium through the tobacco attestation process in either the Base PPO Plan (70/30) or Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20). If you do not take action by October 28, you will:
- Remain on the Base PPO Plan (70/30) for 2023.
- Pay more for subscriber-only premium for failure to complete tobacco attestation for active members in the Base PPO Plan (70/30) and Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20).
The Base PPO Plan (70/30) remains premium-free for non-Medicare subscribers in the Retirement Systems and does not require a tobacco attestation to reduce the premium. The tobacco attestation applies to non-Medicare subscribers in the Retirement Systems who want to enroll in the Enhanced PPO Plan (80/20) and reduce their monthly premium.
For your convenience, here’s a handy checklist to help you get ready for Open Enrollment:
- Log into eBenefits, the Plan’s benefits and enrollment portal, before Open Enrollment to make sure you have the correct username and password. This may save you some frustration when enrollment begins. You can easily find eBenefits on top of each and every page of the Plan website at www.shpnc.org.
- Watch for your 2023 Open Enrollment Decision Guide in the mail and READ it!
- Participate in a webinar regarding Open Enrollment. These webinars will review your 2023 options, discuss benefit changes, and offer the opportunity to ask questions. Reserve your spot in the webinar by clicking here.
- Review your dependent situation and prepare to make changes, if necessary. For example, if you are adding a new dependent, you will need to provide required documentation and will be prompted during Open Enrollment to upload required documentation. You may find it helpful to prepare needed documents ahead of time. Visit www.shpnc.org for a list of required documentation you will need.